Are you a Housekeeper, and would you like to work abroad? There can be some amazing opportunities for you out there. But it can be difficult to know what to do and where to start. And how to actually find a Houskeeper job abroad. There are several things you want to keep in mind before you start.
So what is the best way to find a Housekeeper job abroad?
Update Your CV
Before you start your search for your next housekeeping job abroad, make sure you and your CV are prepared. To up the chances of you landing your dream job abroad, make sure your CV is looking as well as it can be.
But besides making your CV look good, you also want to make sure the content is up to date and as best it can be. It might be worth it for you to invest in some extra training before you start applying for jobs. Training will look great on your CV and will really help you to stand out from the competition.
Not only does it show that you have achieved and understand a certain level of skills. It also shows that you are taking this career seriously, by investing in training!
Do Your Research
An important part of knowing how to find a Housekeeper job abroad is doing your research. Once you feel you have the CV and experience ready to go, make sure you do your research on the jobs abroad. Look at the countries you want to apply for jobs at and consider the following:
- Will you need a work permit or working visa to work in this country?
- Depending on your nationality and the country you are looking for, you might need a working permit or visa. It depends per country so do your research specifically for the country you are looking at.
- What is their employment and tax system?
- You want to be familiar with how payment works. If they advertise a job in gross, it might be a very different net income than in the country that you are currently working. So make sure you understand exactly what money will land in your account at the end of the month!
- Is it easy for me to get home if I need to?
- Will you be working on the other side of the world? In a really remote location? Or traveling on a yacht? If either of those is the case, you might not be able to travel home quickly if you want or need to. So take that into consideration. It might be fine for you for a short period of time. But consider what’s important for you!
- Culture: Will you fit in with the country’s culture.
- Some countries will have very different cultures than the one you might be used to. Do your research to understand what that means. And most importantly, if you would be happy to work in that cultural environment. There might be different levels of hierarchy or religious differences. Generally speaking, if you go to work in another country you should really be happy to adapt and adjust to their culture and expectations. So make sure you will be able to!
Work With An Agency
If you are not sure where to start, connecting with local agencies will be a great way to start. Chances are they can also help and guide with applications and any other things you need to think of.
But check with your local agency too. Some agencies that are based in one country might work internationally too. There are lots of benefits to working with your agency. They will
Types of Abroad Housekeeping Jobs
Do you know what kind of Housekeeping job you are looking at? Besides the ‘standard’ housekeeper roles, there are other options too! Such as:
How Can Polo & Tweed Help
Did you know that Polo & Tweed is an international agency? Although we are based with our HQ in the UK, we work with clients and candidates from all over the world. So we can help you find your dream job, long term or seasonal, abroad. Our experienced consultants will guide you through the process every step of the way. So contact us now to see how we can help you and your international housekeeping career!