Over the holidays Nanny Alex has been baking with the toddlers, it’s great to get them involved in cooking. They are so proud of their creations and always end up eating them all up!
Here are Nanny Alex’s three favourite snacks for the little ones – please do change if you have any dietary requirements.
- 140g Butter
- 140g Caster Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs (beaten)
- 140g Self Raising Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 Super Ripe Bananas (mashed up)
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- Butter a 2lb loaf tin and line the base and sides
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then slowly add the eggs with a little flour. Fold in the remaining flour, baking powder and bananas.
- Pour into the tin and bake for about 30 mins until a skewer comes out clean. Cool in the tin for 10 mins, then remove to a wire rack.
- You can add dried banana chips on top for decoration.
- Other chopped fruit
- Blend half a mango
- Blend a handful of strawberries
- Have some extra chopped bits of fruit as well.
- On a baking parchment sheet spread a thick layer of yogurt then add mango and strawberries
- Add extra chopped fruit
- Pour the blended fruits around so it becomes different colours.
- Put in the freezer for 2 hours
- Break into pieces for Unicorn Food Perfection
Peanut Butter and Cinnamon Balls
- 100g pitted dates, about 6 large dates
- 45g almonds, about 1/3 cup
- 40g smooth peanut butter, about 2 heaped tablespoons
- 8g porridge oats, about 1 1/2 tablespoons
- 7g cinnamon powder, about 2 teaspoons
- Place the dates in a food processor and pulse until they form a smooth paste.
- Next add in the oats, peanut butter, cinnamon powder and almonds and pulse again until they are really well combined.
- Take a tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball. Continue doing this until the mixture has finished.
- Place the rolled balls into the fridge for around 1 hour before serving. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Let us know how you get on with these yummy recipes. Be sure to tag us on Instagram – @poloandtweed and @nannyalex.co
Good luck! 🙂